The Hotel Saratoga dates back to 1879, and was then located right across from Fraternity Park, at the time known as Campo de Marte. Sometime between 1915 and 1925 the hotel is relocated in its present setting, but only occupied the third floor. Later, in 1933, the magnificent Hotel Saratoga takes up the whole building.
The 1930s were a milestone in the history of the Hotel Saratoga, with its renowned "Aires Libres", excellent gastronomy and the performance of popular Cuban orchestras like the famous Anacaona, a women's orchestra that made a name for itself playing there. The hotel gained prestige with frequent visits of local celebrities and socialites.
The original building, which dates back to the 1880s, only had three stories. The hotel as it now stands only has the three levels of the original façade, to which a new building with two additional stories were added. Though five stories are visible from the outside, internal divisions increase the number of the actual guestroom floors to seven. The architectural style of the building is defined as eclectic with a predominance of the neoclassical. The interior design of the hotel combines traditional material and elements, like wood, plaster, marble and iron, with the most modern technologies, all designed to give the highest service and comfort levels to its guests and customers.
The hotel is located on Paseo del Prado and Dragones Street, a privileged intersection in Old Havana. Explore the irresistible vitality of the city and visit the Nation's Capitol building and Fraternity Park, the famous Partagás Cigar Factory and Cuba's most important opera and ballet house: Havana's Gran Teatro. When the sun is setting stroll down Paseo del Prado to Havana's seawall, the malecón. The Hotel Saratoga is perfect for guests who wish to combine visits to places of historical-cultural interest and the city's night life.
In 1935 the tour guides already registered it like one of the most important hotels of Havana, with the comfort and fashionable recreation, particularly outstanding by the functions of their terrace, where every day attended most select of our Cuban musicians to execute the national rhythms, particularly the cuban Son.